Looking for a New Year’s Resolution that reflects your commitment to caring for our creation and helps address global warming? Here are some ideas from the Laudato Si’ Movement to consider:
· Forego unnecessary car use – carpool, walk or take public transit instead.
· Use cruise control on long trips.
· Unplug appliances and electronic devices when not in use.
· Repurpose items rather than toss them – especially plastic bags.
· Save paper – recycle whenever possible and only print when necessary.
· Donate clothing or bring them to thrift/resale shops.
· Use cold water when possible.
· Take shorter showers.
· Eat less beef and more vegetables.
· Cut down on food waste.
· Bring your own bags to the grocery store.
· Urge stores still using plastic and Styrofoam to switch to biodegradable cups and packaging.
· Buy biodegradable cleaning products and garbage bags.
· Support renewable energy, like solar and wind power, and electric cars.
· Cut the use of plastic wrap and use alternative covers.
Do you have other great ideas on how we can save the planet? Share your ideas on our Facebook page!