The Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) are looking for volunteers to share the RSHM mission that all may have life and have it to the full – the same mission that inspires the sisters, staff and other volunteers who support our work and ministry. As “life-long learners,” the sisters seize any opportunity to discover more about God’s wondrous world.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities at Marymount Convent in Tarrytown, NY, as well as at several of our ministries, including the RSHM LIFE Center in Sleepy Hollow.
- Friendly Visitors: Volunteers can visit our retired RSHM at Marymount Convent in Tarrytown, NY on an ongoing basis.
- Crafters: Our sisters enjoy arts and crafts. Do you have a craft or project you could teach them? Ideas include flower arranging, quilting, indoor gardening, ecotherapy, and tile art.
- Musicians and singers: Our sisters love music, sing-alongs, etc. Bring your instrument of choice and share your gift with us! We do have a keyboard available.
- Reading groups: The sisters’ reading interests are varied, but they love to revisit Bible stories, early literature from their teaching days, historical books, spiritual readings, etc.
- Tech-savvy assistance: Assistance with laptops and tablets, using apps, and staying connected with friends and family is always greatly appreciated.
- Four-legged friends: Visits from dogs and other pets are extremely popular. Do you have a pup or kitty who loves attention? We would even welcome livestock in the warmer months!
RSHM LIFE Center in Sleepy Hollow:
The RSHM LIFE Center is a dynamic community center that delivers a wide variety of programs to the immigrant community and beyond, serving toddlers to seniors. The center is currently looking for:
- ESL Instructors
- Assistants for Mom & Tots Program
Legal Services Program at the RSHM LIFE Center Annex on Valley Street
We have two volunteer opportunities with the Legal Services Program at the RSHM LIFE Center Annex on Valley Street:
- Interpreter – With fluency in both Spanish and English, assist with client interviews. This assistance would be scheduled on an as-needed basis depending on the schedule of the client, the attorney and the interpreter.
- File Management – Excellent PC (not Mac) computer skills required to create files in our cloud-based data storage system, scan and transfer files with the storage system, file and organize/file incoming mail.