RSHM stands AGAINST any racial inequality and injustice.
A statement from RSHM, Eastern America leadership:
The recent brutal murder of George Floyd at the hands of white police officers and the disproportionate burden that people of color are bearing in the Covid-19 Pandemic have revealed once again the depths of racism in our society. The inequities and injustice that continue to be borne by people of color call us to self-examination, conversion, and renewed commitment to racial justice.
We mourn with those who have suffered and died as a direct result of this deeply entrenched racism. Our Christian faith calls us to recognize that we are all brothers and sisters who must stand in solidarity with all those who suffer discrimination. We pledge to work for an end to this injustice in whatever form it takes within ourselves and in our society.
We will continue to be allies to all communities of color.
- Educate yourself on the horrific murder of George Floyd HERE
- Sign petitions along with 11 million others supporting the cause Change.org, Color of Change, NAACP. You can also text “FLOYD” to 55156 to sign the petition and text “JUSTICE” to 668-366.
- Donate to nonprofit organizations that have funds devoted to help peaceful protestors and grassroots black organizations HERE through Act Blue
- Listen to the experiences of those who have been oppressed. By having tough conversations with our families, friends and communities we will learn, grow and speak up for each other.
- Vote locally and in November for leadership that will make changes to end injustice.
Together, we’re at our best.