This position helps to provide quality nursing care for the Sisters of Marymount Convent under the supervision and direction of the Charge Nurse/Director of Nursing. They assist the Sisters with completing essential ADL’s such as bathing, dressing, feeding, eating, and toileting. This position is as needed (per diem) and is not benefits eligible.
Multiple openings available: Full-time/overnight with benefits; also, part-time or per diem shifts available (not benefits-eligible).
High School diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree is preferred. A minimum of one year of experience as a Nurse’s Aide is required. Minimum one year of experience working in long-term care or geriatric setting. Knowledge of relevant nursing care is necessary.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of patience, empathy, and compassion. A friendly and professional bedside manner. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to maintain confidential medical information.
- Complete all ADL’s. Maintain accurate intake/output record.
- Assists the Sisters with transfers as needed. Follows safe lifting techniques as needed.
- Turns and repositions Sisters at risk for skin breakdown.
- Changes clothes and bed linens; keeps rooms neat and orderly.
- Transports Sisters to activities via wheelchair or walking supervision as needed.
- Observes and informs the Charge Nurse of any changes.
- Escorts and assist to medical appointments and/or physical therapy.
- Performs additional job duties as assigned.
The Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary are an Equal Opportunity Employer